Friday, November 6, 2009

Realizations.

Today while talking to my aunt, who I am very close with, I came to some realizations. It's not about the quantity of what I eat it is about the quality. Before I decided to make a change I would eat for quantity. I can specifically remember a time when we went out to IHOP as a family and I based my order off what plate would give me the most food. Looking back I realize that this is part of the reason why I got to where I am now. I now realize that eating 6-8 oreos in a sitting is not considered healthy at all. Some days I would end up eating my lunch AND part of someone else's lunch..... Was I crazy?


Our conversation today was about how when we eat healthier, we end up eating less and we feel more full. That's exactly how I feel. What I eat now isn't about quantity, it's about quality. When I get a *treat* now I savor it, I don't sit there and inhale it in under one minute. Throughout the past two months or so I have learned that it is all about what you are putting in your body, not how much.


My challenge for you this week is to slow down & enjoy your food without reading, rushing, watching television, etc. Make your meal time something that you can savor as your time to think and clear your mind while you enjoy your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment